This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TF: MOSAIC - "Hail and Farewell" by SIMON FURMAN

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TF: MOSAIC - "Hail and Farewell" by SIMON FURMAN

Postby WhiteRabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

"Hail and Farewell"

Written by SIMON FURMAN | Pencils and Colors by STEVE BUCCELLATO | Inks by DON HUDSON | Letters by RICHARD STARKINGS & COMICRAFT

This Mosaic piece is presented as part of official continuity.

WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
News Credits: 156

Re: TF: MOSAIC - "Hail and Farewell" by SIMON FURMAN

Postby Jaz-Zen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 am

Wow, part of offical continuity. Impressive. And interesting story. Very cool. Thanks for sharing! :)
Jaz-Zen
Fuzor

Postby Leonardo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:10 am

An interesting little piece here. I wonder what other worlds Huntreaker visits.

Given that Furman said on his blog that this is part of official continuity, might it be an idea to flag this thread with a spoiler warning, just in case some IDW fans feel it gives too much away?
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Archanubis » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Leonardo wrote:Given that Furman said on his blog that this is part of official continuity, might it be an idea to flag this thread with a spoiler warning, just in case some IDW fans feel it gives too much away?

I agree; a lot of revelations in this one.

Though I think Scorponok was revealed to be the mastermind a while back...
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 am

Ah, the very first official-canon Mosaic! Hunter has proven to be an interesting character in the IDW comics so far, and I think I'm finally begining to wrap my head around how awseome it is for Sunstreaker to be a Headmaster. It also sounds like there will be some interesting storylines coming up, Dinobots are some of my favorite characters 8) .

So all in all, a great piece, and an extremely important one in the annuls of Mosaic history ;)^ . Who knows, maybe in two years IDW will encourage fans to write single-page continuity pieces....
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Calvatron » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:22 am

While this does give a lot of info. Most of the spoiler aspect compared to teaser aspect is coming from our assumptions. And everyone knows what happens when you assume....

We assume (and are probably right) that fighting Scorpinok one on one means within the machination. though by planning that book should have been being released within the next week or so. And we're assuming the full scale invasion is of earth, that one could easily be someplace like Nebulos.

While some of these assumptions are probably right and do make this kinda spoilerific, i'm really hoping to eat my words so to speak about a year from now as Simon succeeds in misdirecting me, yet again. :D

(Keeping fingers crossed for battle between Huntstreaker and Scorpinok in his Nebulos Lab remains for ownership of the secerets of the Headmaster process, while the dinobots defend the lab during a full scale decepticon invasion of Nebulos)
Calvatron
Fuzor

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:43 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Thunderscream wrote:Though I think Scorponok was revealed to be the mastermind a while back...

Not so much "revealed" as "the world's worst kept secret."

But still, yeah. Some possible spoilers for Devastation, along with Revelation and All Hail Megatron. Someone wanna throw up a Spoiler Tag?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby jazzrules » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 am

:( This mosaic makes me sad. Had I known it contained spoilers I probably wouldn't have read it.

What I was hoping would eventually happen, I now know is not going to happen. I'm not a fan of the headmaster concept, so part of me is hoping that this thing (I can't bring myself to call him Sunstreaker) will eventually get killed off.
jazzrules
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 4

Postby WhiteRabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 pm

jazzrules wrote::( This mosaic makes me sad. Had I known it contained spoilers I probably wouldn't have read it.

Which would've totally defeated the purpose of posting it.

This wasn't releases with any intention of spoiling upcoming storylines, we (IE- Simon and us @ TFM) put it out now to give everyone a juicy taste of things to come, not to spoil everything.

Just because we've heard of some things Hunter's now done, doesn't mean we know how it all happened and when or entirely with who.
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon

Postby jazzrules » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:03 pm

WhiteRabbit wrote:
jazzrules wrote::( This mosaic makes me sad. Had I known it contained spoilers I probably wouldn't have read it.

Which would've totally defeated the purpose of posting it.

This wasn't releases with any intention of spoiling upcoming storylines, we (IE- Simon and us @ TFM) put it out now to give everyone a juicy taste of things to come, not to spoil everything.

Just because we've heard of some things Hunter's now done, doesn't mean we know how it all happened and when or entirely with who.

I appreciate what you're saying, and I like reading the mosaics but it would have been nice to know that I would be reading something that could spoil it for me. I'm the sort of person who once I know what is going to happen, I don't usually bother watching the actual TV programme (can't really say I don't read the comics once I know what's going to happen cos I've never read anything other than the IDW stuff). But I tend to stay away from solicitations and theory topics so that I can be genuinely surprised when something happens.
jazzrules
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 4

Postby WhiteRabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Yeah, I dig what you're saying.

*edit*

Basically what I'd like to get across (as someone over at the IDW boards nicely put it), is the destination isn't as important as the journey. You may have an idea of some things that are going to happen, but finding out how they happen will be the real treat. :)
Last edited by WhiteRabbit on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon

Postby olokin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:28 pm

This a great treat. A Mosaic by Furman and its official continuity. I wish I have more background on the IDWverse though. So this is not much of spoiler for me.
olokin
City Commander

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Official Continuty??

SWEET!
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby i_amtrunks » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:15 pm

To be honest I think many of us have guessed all of what Hunter has said he and Sunstreaker have done, but I have thrown some vague spoiler warning text into the FP story.

What concerns me is we never hear anything from Sunstreaker. Is it purely so Furman could keep the focus on Hunter, or is it because Sunstreaker can only "talk" through Hunter... this is something to keep my eyes open on for the next few series.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby MYoung23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:45 pm

This gives up the ghost to me.

You can talk about assumptions but Hunter's monologue falls in line with alot of what is happening in Devastation.

1. He is Sunstreakers Headmaster
2. "Other dimension" = Dead Universe
3. Scorponok = Head of the Machination
4. Allied with the Dinobots = Sunstreaker and possibly other Autobots feel abandoned by Prime and form their own faction
5. This is the group that ultimately saves Earth from the Decepticons

Although Im probably wrong........ :-B
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars MANDALORIAN #1 var pride Marvel Comics 2022 APR221010 (CA) Jimenez"
Star Wars MANDALOR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars YODA #4 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220800 (CA) Noto (W) Houser (A) Ross"
Star Wars YODA #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics SEP230265 12I (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek STRANGE NEW WORLDS Illyrian Enigma #2 Cvr B IDW Comics NOV221613 2B"
Star Trek STRANGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #63 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAY231370 63B (CA) Graham"
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK MIRROR WAR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210534 1A (CA) Woodward"
STAR TREK MIRROR W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #4 Cvr B IDW Comics MAR231639 4B (CA) Broccardo (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr L 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230671 2L (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK ANNUAL 2023 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 MAR231627 2023B (CA) Hochreigl"
STAR TREK ANNUAL 2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Deep Space Nine DOG WAR #2 Cvr A IDW Comics FEB231497 2A (CA)Hernandez"
Star Trek Deep Spa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT231332 15B (CA) Fenoglio (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #15 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #5 Cvr B IDW Comics APR231579 5B (CA) Alvarado (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Motion Picture ECHOES #2 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2C 2RI (CA) Alvarado"
Star Trek Motion P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #15 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231331 15A (CA) To (W) Kelly (A) Lanzing"
STAR TREK #15 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON